Teixidora.net (the weaver) is an informative, participatory initiative to collect knowledge generated in talks and events, sharing documentation, exploring connections, relating debates and activity among each other and mapping actors (in general in the technical field) and the topics that intersect, with an emphasis on ethical and emancipating perspective.
> Read more about Teixidora: Collaborative Online Writing and Techno-Social Communities of Practice Around the Commons: The Case of Teixidora.net in Barcelona Journal of Peer Production By Mònica Garriga Miret, David Gómez Fontanills, Enric Senabre Hidalgo, Mayo Fuster Morell
We use various tools and methodologies to document what is done and contextualize it. We follow threads to inform and document events , share them on Twitter and Quitter / GNUSocial social networks, establish contact and dialogue, link etherpads and streamings, ask questions and give context. We network the networks relating events among each other through keywords, people and projects. We prepare thematic pages (through automatic searches on the contents of the wiki, which is structured based on categories and semantic properties) which automatically upload content and show both what is there, the actors and events: about political participation, the Internet of things, or gender and technology. You are welcome to explore them and contribute.
Some events covered by Teixidora:
- Sobtec and MSC Sobtec 2016 · Msc 2016 · Sobtec 2017 · MSC 2017 · Sobtec 2018 · Sobtec 2019 · Sobtec 2020
- FESC and XES FESC 2018 · Comun_ESS 2019 · Escola d’Estiu 2019 · FESC 2019
- Trobades Procomuns i Sharing Cities Procomuns 2016 · Procomuns 2017 · Sharing Cities 2018 · Sharing Cities Action 2019
- Ciutat Oberta Biennal de Pensament 1a edició 2018
- Common Horizons and Commons Camp Marsella 1/2020 · Procés Horitzons comuns
- Per year 62 sessions 2016 · 80 sessions 2017 · 120 sessions 2018 · 113 sessions 2019 · 89 sessions 2020
How Teixidora works
We encourage note-taking and giving value to the materials produced by participation in the process of improving them.
- You need to gather the knowledge that comes from a talk or event that you are organising.
- Teixidora meets with you, studies your needs, advises you on how to structure the collection of information and metadata and prepares a budget.
- We create a page and a structured pad for each session, if necessary a folder within CommonsCloud where to collect slides and visual materials, and we create a dynamic page for the event that will show the results: sessions, information collected, and related metadata.
- We provide a guide sheet for moderators / presenters and possible materials such as brochures or QR posters and links (does not include material and / or printing costs) and, if necessary, we make a brief intervention at the beginning of the event explaining to attendees how to contribute to the collaborative report and its value.
- We take open notes on the structured pad of the session. We take notes chronologically, of what is being said in the session, and in parallel we collect the information and metadata agreed, in a structured way. The rest of the participants can check that the notes are rigorous and can contribute and complete them.
- We review the notes to guarantee their quality, we correct the most obvious spelling and typographical errors, and we make sure that each section of the pad structure has collected the contents in the agreed way.
- We run a small (ro)Bot which imports data automatically and separates metadata from notes. Then we run a second Bot which corrects spelling and we later do a human check to validate it.
- We review the result of the import and display by the dynamic page and embed or link the documentation collected and / or published (slides, videos, texts) during the event.
We have the support of WikisccR.png that gives us the web hosting and technical support. We received the Barcelona City Council prize for Democratic Quality (2017) and a grant from the Culture Solidarity Fund of the European Cultural Foundation (2020). We are looking for collaboration, support and financing to carry out the project, if you have any suggestions, write to us!